Sunday 7 February 2010

Went live last weekend

I started the bot running live on betfair with a £3 initial stake.

It seemed to work as planned, although due to a few bugs, I found that I had to log into betfair and manually close some of the positions. I did leave myself exposed for one of the first races and accidently won £14!!

I need to refine the algorithm now and introduce some new parameters.

Currently the parameters are:

Stake
Profit per trade - max profit per trade before position closed (quit while ahead!!)
MaxTick - Number of ticks the price changes by to place trade
spike - Ignore large price fluctuations
odd limit - maximum price used.
Amnt Available - amount on offer to back/lay
Min Matched - minmum matched amount on this horse - shows activity
StartTradeTime - how long before race to start trading
EndTradeTime - how long before race starts to stop trading
TimeBetweenTrades

Additional parameters to do:

weight of money - the percentage of total amount that is on the back or lay, this will give an indication of which way the market is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment